Creamy. Delectable. Gently spiced with a hint of sweetness. Savory.
These are words that should describe tomato soup.
Easy. Simple. Twenty minutes or less.
These are also words that should describe tomato soup.
This recipe gets kicked up a notch with the addition of curry powder, and coconut milk adds a fantastic creaminess.
For a low fat version of this recipe, use lite coconut milk, or even try soy milk.
This recipe is a fresh take on the classic tomato soup. The addition of curry and coconut milk take this soup to a creamy, delectable level! For a low-fat version, use lite coconut milk, or use soy milk.
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus
- 1 smallish yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- One 28 ounce can no salt added peeled plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Trim the woody ends off of the asparagus and roast for 10 minutes.
- Cut 6 asparagus per bowl of soup into 1 inch pieces.
- Line a soup pot with a thin layer of water and saute onion over medium-high heat until soft and translucent, 5-6 minutes. If it looks dry at any time, add splashes of water Add garlic and saute an additional 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add Mrs. Dash seasoning, curry powder, and sea salt and stir to mix. Add can of plum tomatoes (including juices) and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Return soup to the stove and stir in coconut milk and brown sugar. Warm through, and top with roasted asparagus croutons. Enjoy!