This morning I went into my kitchen for breakfast, and was greeted by a fridge that was very empty. No fruit left, no veggies, not even any cooked beans and rice. No cereal in the pantry. It’s definitely the end of the week and I need to go grocery shopping!! BUT, the container of grits in the corner caught my eye. There was exactly enough grits left to make a bowl.
This recipe is insanely easy. It doesn’t require a lot of measuring or time. Just some grits, water, plant milk, and spices. I was very happy with how delicious this recipe was! I did not measure the spices, but I added two shakes of each from their spice jars. Do that first, then taste to see if you would like more heat or salt.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (or any plant milk)
- 1/2 cup grits
- 2 shakes of the spice jar each of the following spices: salt, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric.
- Bring water and cashew milk to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in all spices, and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Grits will be creamy, thick, and not "gritty" at all! Taste and add extra spices if desired.