Let’s talk about ice cream. Guilt Free Cherry Banana ice cream, to be exact. Every spoonful is creamy, sultry, and sweet. Ice cream should have that heavenly feel, that moment when you close your eyes and sigh with happiness. It seems like ice cream usually comes with guilt though, that heaviness that makes us regret the spoonful we just enjoyed so much. So many calories, so much sugar and fat. So we try things like frozen yogurt (not good enough) or sorbet (good, but not very creamy), but nothing ever quite makes it to the level of ice cream.
This Cherry Banana ice cream is guilt free. How? It only has three ingredients, and no added sugar or fat of any kind. All you need is a high speed blender or food processor, and you’ll be on your way to dreamy ice cream perfection!
Makes enough for two servings, or one big bowl if you're hungry!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- Chop frozen bananas into 1 inch pieces. Add to a high speed blender or food processor with the cherries and almond milk.
- Pulse to chop the frozen fruit up a bit, then blend on high for about 60 seconds, using the tamper of your blender to push any chunks towards the blades.
- You can eat your ice cream right away, or place in the freezer and allow to chill for half an hour. Freezing before eating will not affect the texture of the ice cream. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite guilt free desert creation?